The Ediacaran Fossils of the Flinders Ranges eBook addresses the Australian Curriculum outcomes for year 11 and 12 SACE Geology.
- Year 11 theme: The evolution of life throughout geological history.
- Year 12 key idea: The Geological Time-scale, fossil evidence was used to develop the geological time-scale.
The eBook can also be used to engage students in years 6-10, studying Earth and Space Sciences – Changes to Earth.
The eBook covers;
- what a fossil is and the process of fossilisation
- the discovery of Ediacaran fossils
- the Ediacaran geological time period
- topography of the Flinders Ranges
- key animal specimens of the Ediacaran
- interpretation and current research
It can be used as an individual resource for students or used in a whole class setting to provide background on South Australian Ediacaran fossils.
To view this eBook, students must have an iPad with iBooks 2 or later and iOS 5 or later, or an iPhone with iOS 8.4 or later, or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or later.
Download the Teacher support resource-Ediacaran Fossils