Privacy Policy, Copyright and Disclaimers


The Government of South Australia supports and encourages the dissemination and exchange of public sector information, and endorses the use of the Australian Governments Open Access and Licensing Framework by its agencies.

With the exception of the Piping Shrike emblem, images, and other material or devices protected by a trademark and subject to review by the Government of South Australia at all times, the content of this website is licensed under the Creative Commons Australia Attribution 3.0 License. The Government of South Australia requests attribution as ‘Government of South Australia 2013′. All other rights are reserved.

The Government of South Australia has undertaken reasonable enquiries to identify material owned by third parties and secure permission for its reproduction on this site. Permission may need to be obtained from third parties to re-use their material.

Copyright, intellectual property and licensing

The department owns the intellectual property of original material or information published on its own websites. This includes changes made to information originating elsewhere.
Intellectual property is protected by law. Information originating from elsewhere can be published if the author or copyright owner gives written permission to use the information. This permission must include a statement that the supplied material does not infringe a third party’s copyright.

Copyright and licensing 

If you have any copyright, IP or licensing concerns arising from this site please email

Some useful websites that provide information and advice about copyright are: 

Smartcopying – information and advice for teachers and educators

Australian Copyright Council – information for students and the public

Creative Commons Australia – information about creative commons licensing

AusGOAL (previously GILF) – information about the government open access licensing framework

Consent forms

You must seek permission to use likeness, image, voice, performance and/or creative work of students, children and adults who are not employed by the site or agency. Permission can be sought with the following forms.

Consent form – adult (PDF 49KB)
Consent form – child (PDF 53KB)